Welcome to my home page! I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Puget Sound.
Previously, I was an Assistant Professor at Washington State University - Vancouver.
I received a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the Ohio State University,
where I was with the Data Intensive and High-Performance Computing Group under Gagan Agrawal.
My current teaching and research interests include green/sustainable computing, data-intensive computing, data management, and cloud computing.
Here is a link to my curriculum vita
- (9/2014) Our paper based on Bo Wang's thesis has been accepted to ICPADS'14!
- (8/2014) I will be serving on the PC for ICPP 2015. Please consider submitting a paper
- (6/2014) Our papers on (1) query optimization and (2) twitter recommendation have been accepted to IDEAS'14
- (6/2014) Bo Wang will present his poster on power management at ACM MobiSys'14
- (5/2014) Our papers on managing energy data have been accepted to IEEE SusTech'14
- (5/2014) I will serve as a mentor for Google Summer of Code 2014
- (12/2013) I will be serving on the PC for ICCCN'14 and IDEAS'14. Please consider submitting a paper to these venues.
- (10/2013) Our paper on unifying WAH-variants for bitmap indices has been accepted to ICDE'14
If you would like to meet about anything, drop in when the door is open/cracked, or set up an appointment over email. Below is my availability: