I am Chair and Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Puget Sound. I completed a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering at the Ohio State University in 2010 as a member of the Systems Group. My dissertation topic was on the dynamic composition and performance optimizations of scientific workflows over distributed cloud computing environments. I also worked on problems in cloud data management. I was advised by Professor Gagan Agrawal.
I am the recipient of the 2017 Kristine Bartanen Research Achievement Award from the University of Puget Sound. My current teaching and research interests broadly include data management and distributed cloud computing. I am a member of ACM and senior member of the IEEE.
Here's a link to my curriculum vitae.
- (6/2020) Elevation to senior member grade, IEEE
- (2/2020) Our paper on optimizing GPU processing of bitmaps has been accepted for publication at DASFAA 2020.
- (10/2019) Our paper on GPU processing of bitmap-range queries has been accepted for publication at BDCAT 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand. It was nominated for the Best Paper award.
- (4/2019) Our paper on geo-diversification has been accepted for publication at IEEE CLOUD 2019 in Milan, Italy. Congrats to Jared Polonitza on his first publication.
- (4/2019) Congrats to Sarah McClain on receiving a summer research grant to work on semantic caching of bitmap indices.
- (3/2019) I am serving on the PC for HiPC'19 Please consider submitting a paper.
- (10/2018) Our paper on distributed bitmap indexing has been accepted for publication at BDCAT'18. It was nominated for the Best Paper award.