I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
at the University of Puget Sound.
I received a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from The Ohio State University under the supervision of
Gagan Agrawal. I was a member of the Systems Group at Ohio State.
Before moving to Puget Sound in 2014, I spent four wonderful years as an Assistant Professor in the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University, Vancouver.
My teaching and research interests include data-intensive computing,
data management, and cloud computing.
Here's a link to my curriculum vita.
Teaching (Fall 2016)
- (11/2016) I am serving as chair of the Energy Efficiency Track for FiCloud'17. Please consider submitting a paper.
- (5/2016) Our paper on energy data management has been accepted for publication in journal of Electric Power Systems Research.
- (5/2016) Our paper on metadata-enhanced processing of bitmap indices has been accepted for publication in FiCloud 2016.
- (5/2016) Our paper on preferential queries has been accepted for publication in IDEAS 2016.
- (4/2016) Our Hadoop in Flight paper has been accepted for publication in IEEE CLOUD 2016 (research track).
- (4/2016) Congrats to Rachel Hirsch (Summer Research Award) and Alexia Ingerson (Google Summer of Code 2016). I will be advising both projects.
- (4/2016) Congrats to Chili Johnson on receiving the Goldwater Scholarship.
- (3/2016) I will be serving on the PC for BDCAT 2016. Please consider submitting a paper.
- (1/2016) Chili Johnson has been selected for a SULI Internship at Argonne National Lab, beginning Summer 2016!