I'm an Associate Professor in the Mathematics and Computer Science Department at the University of Puget Sound. Before my current appointment at Puget Sound, I spent four wonderful years as a member of the faculty in the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University, Vancouver. Prior to that, I obtained a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from The Ohio State University, where I was a member of the Systems Research Group. My teaching and research interests include data-intensive computing, data management, and cloud computing.
Here's a link to my curriculum vitae.
- (8/2017) Annie Lamar's Becoming Augustine is now available online.
- (7/2017) Attended the CReST Faculty Workshop at Evergreen.
- (5/2017) Our paper on optimizing PLWAH has been accepted to IDEAS 2017.
- (5/2017) Alexia Ingerson and I will present a poster titled, Cache-Friendly Bitmap Compression over Symmetric Multiprocessors at ICAC'17.
- (4/2017) Congrats to Annie Lamar on receiving the Richard Bangs Collier Interdisciplinary Grant. With Prof. Katherine Smith, we will be collaborating on a digital humanities project on visualizing Augustine's work.
- (3/2017) I am serving on the PC for HiPC'17 and IDEAS'17 Please consider submitting a paper to these venues.
- (3/2017) I am a publicity chair for BDCAT'17. Please consider submitting a paper.