ACM International Collegiate Programming Competition
Pacific Northwest / Western Washington Site Details
The 2018 Pacific Northwest Regional ACM Programming Contest will be
held at the University of Puget
Sound on November 3, 2018. This page contains information on the
To register for the contest, please visit this link.
For any further information please contact Adam Smith at .
The contest takes place on Saturday, November 3rd. Unless noted otherwise, all events will take place in Thompson Hall, Room 409.
- 10.00-11.00: Check in at Thompson Hall
- 11.00-12.00: Orientation & Instructions
- 12.00-13.00: Practice Contest
- 13.00-14.00: Debriefing & Lunch
- 14.00-19.00: The Contest
- 19.30-???: Dinner & Awards (Thompson Hall 391 & 395)
The address of the University of Puget Sound is 1500 N Warner St., in Tacoma, WA.
To get to campus:
- From I-5, take WA 16 W (Exit 132 from S, 132B from N) toward Gig Harbor.
- Take the Union St. exit (the second exit, after Sprauge) and proceed north.
- Harned Hall and Thompson Hall (really the same building) are on Union St., between N 15th Ave. and N 18th Ave.
- The parking lot is just to the south of the building. (Parking is free on weekends.)
If you need a place to stay the evening:
- For small groups, the nicest option is one of the numerous Bed-and-Breakfast establishments in North Tacoma. (We often use the Green Cape Cod for department business.)
- There is also a Sheraton and a Holiday Inn Express in downtown Tacoma.
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 Linux
- Desktop: GNOME
- Editors: vi/vim, gvim, emacs, gedit, kate
- Languages: Java (version 1.6.0_24), C/C++ (GCC 4.6.3)
- Java IDE: Eclipse Juno (4.2.1)
- C/C++ IDE: CDT 8.1.1 under Eclipse 4.2.1
- Contest Environment: PC^2 Version 9.1
Medals/plaques and prizes will be awarded through seven places. In addition, all site winners will receive a plaque.
All prizes courtesy of the ACM-ICPC sponsors.